Day 11: Your 10 Favorite Foods
So today is day 11 of the blog challenge and I’m really proud of myself. Firstly, I’m nearly halfway through the challenge. Second, I have only been late with one entry. (Which for me is a feat as I’m nearly always late for everything). Further, I am proud of myself because though I did get pretty down and felt like I had failed. I didn’t let myself give up and wrote and posted the entry the next day. The other piece to sticking with my blogging this time around (I have tried and not succeeded in the past) is that I am being open and honest and I’m not trying to write pretentiously because I think that’s how writers should write. So with the disclosure that I’m being 100% honest here, I would like to present my 10 favorite foods.
- Chicken Tenders – Anyone who knows me knows this to be true. Chicken tenders or nuggets are my go to favorite food! I don’t know what it is, but they are so so so yummy! My boyfriend makes the best ones though in his air fryer. MMMMMM. I am so spoiled.
- French Fries – We also make our own in the air fryer, but I have a recipe for home made French Fries that I found online and they are definitely a fan favorite. My exchange students have LOVED them and my dad is also a big fan. They are baked and not fried so they are much healthier.
- Ice Cream – I have so many happy memories associated with ice cream. Mostly the fact is that my dad worked second shift while I was growing up and when I would come home from school there would be about a half hour before he would have to leave for work. We would come through the door and the big question was “Who’s scooping?” I love all kinds of ice cream, from cones to cups to sundaes and it’s always my treat during the hot summer months. I alternate favorite flavors but among the top contenders are black raspberry, coffee and mint chocolate chip.
- Pizza – Melty cheese, bread and sauce. Need I really say more?
- Berries – Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries and Strawberries. My grandfather had a ridiculous amount of raspberry bushes in his yard when I was growing up, and I used to eat them by the bushel straight off of the bushes!
- Bananas – I love bananas, but I’m also very particular about them. One brown spot and you might as well just let them rot to put them into bread. I will only eat them when they are just turning from green to yellow or if they are bright yellow. I also really like to cut them up into little discs versus just eating them like a normal human being.
- Carrots – I will only eat carrots when they are in their cooked form. I am not much a fan of many raw foods actually. I think carrots are one of my favorites because I still believe that they are gonna help me have better eyesight.
- Corn on the Cob – In the summer, I literally cannot get enough corns on the cob. I love getting them from local farm stands and cooking them over the campfire.
- Salmon – When we go camping in the summer, we often have family cookouts at the campground. My favorite thing to bring is salmon which we usually cook on the grill. I also like cooking it with a little butter and brown sugar. You can also eat salmon cold on a salad, which I like about it too.
- Peanut Butter – I still eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I actually like peanut butter in any form. I like it in cookies, I like it in a sauce over my ice cream, and I like to dip graham crackers in it.
So much like my bag, my top 10 food list reveals that I am secretly a 10 year old stuck in side a grown ups body. Oh well. I might grow up someday.